Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Advice to Our 20-Year-Old-Selves

Recently, Reader's Digest posted the following question to its Facebook followers:


What advice would you give to your 20-year-old-self?

Here are some of my favorites:

*Make mistakes. There's no greater thing that prepares you for life.

*Save for the future, when it really matters.

*Take a pass on that tattoo!

*Be a glass half full kind of person.

*Be tolerant of other people's opinions, and you will learn a lot!

*Some things you'll figure out. Some you won't. That's life.

As someone who isn't too far past twenty, some of these words of wisdom made me think. The older I get, I realize how important it is to make every moment count. True, it sounds cliche, but I have chosen to live my life as a glass half full person. Am I always bubbly and cheerful? No. However, when things are going wrong, I am quick to remind myself that things could always be worse. I've found that a little optimism goes a long way....

No comments:

Post a Comment